Archive for March, 2008
Many babies bite or hit at some point. Little Frog has bit me a few times… When you tell her, “No biting” in a firm tone she starts crying. She is just like her mama, very sensitive.
Anyway, Miss K has been on a bit of kick… She has popped the Wondertwins on the head with a toy every now and then, has scratched, and has now bit Monkey Boy twice. Thursday it was on the arm. They were in the crawl tunnel. He probably took something, as he tends to do, and she bit him on the arm.
Yesterday, she was in the rocking chair. Monkey used the chair to stand up. She grabbed his face, pulled him close, and bit his cheek. I watched it happen, but had been changing Bree up on the couch and could not get there fast enough. I felt so bad for him.
I firmly said, “No biting.” She smiled, waved at me, and said, “Hi”.
We are going to have to work on this. They are just babies… but can’t we all just get along?!
P.S. Check out this site and click on my picture.
So, today I decide to tackle the mountain of laundry. I start with the adult clothes, then a load of diapers, then baby clothes… next towels… you get the idea. Anyway, I am always finding stuff in the drier. Most of the time it is something from our pockets. When I take the adult clothes out of the drier I find some change. I scour the floor to make sure none was dropped (don’t want anyone choking!).
Then, I take the load of baby clothes out of the drier. As I’m getting the last few things I see something spherical in the back… a marble?… a ball of paper? I reach in… looks like paper. It has fuzzy lint all over it.
*Side note: The thing with finding paper is, I am obsessed with trying to figure out what it once was. I will uncrumble the paper and try to piece it together. Was it a note? A receipt? It’s quite a game!
So, thinking it is paper I try to unfold it. It splits in two. It is brown. It crumbles slightly. Could it be? I don’t know why… but I smell it. It is. It is poop. I have no idea how it got in the drier. I am grossed out.
Guess I have another load of laundry to do.
Today the Wondertwins had their 1 year visit. We were suppose to do it Friday, but postponed so we could see the doctor we like.
Overall, they are doing great! He was very happy with their growth, development, etc. He kept saying what a great job we have been doing. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I like going to him… he gives me that much needed pat on the back.
We said we did not want to get shots at this time. He was all for delaying the vaccinations. He also told us to find a pox party so we could skip that one all together. I was ready to go in and argue for no vaccinations and was so happy to find how supportive he was!
Anyway, here are their stats:
Weight- 22lbs (from 5 lbs 6 oz at birth!) <35%>
Head- 47 <70%>
Height- 30 1/4 <75%>
Weight- 19lbs 9 oz (from 4lbs 8 oz at birth!)<25%>
Head- 45 <45%>
Height- 28 1/2 <35%>
I’ll start with Little Frog since she is 1 minute older.
* Has 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom.
* Does a strange army scoot that reminds me more of an inchworm, than anything else.
* She loves her blankey and paci. She needs both to sleep.
* She needs lots of sleep. She goes to sleep around 7:30 and sleeps until about 7:30.
* She sleeps HARD. Not much will wake her.
* She has great rhythm and bounces up and down to music.
* You can give her a pile of books and she will sit there reading them, talking to herself, turning the pages for a solid hour if uninterrupted.
* Likes to be pushed in the ride on toy.
* Most of the time she points, signs more, all done, and Daddy.
* When you put food (that she likes) on her tray, she gobbles it up by the handful as fast as you can get it down.
* Her new thing is to try to follow the dogs… She laughs and giggles every time they look at her.
* She is very wary of people she doesn’t know. She will stare at new people or, if they are holding her, will start crying.
* She is very sensitive. If someone fusses at her she cries (especially when she is told, “no biting!”)
* She LOVES to play with gift cards and paper!
* Her favorite thing to wear is just her fuzzi bunz diaper. She will squeal and hit her hands on her tummy, laughing the whole time. It is the funniest thing!
* He LOVES to breast feed! He comes running any time I sign “milk”.
* He shakes his head “no” whenever he can’t do something (for instance, when his sippy rolled under the stroller. He had a cracker in one hand and couldn’t crawl after the sippy. So, he shook his head “no”.
* Anytime I am eating something he comes over to beg for food.
* He has 8 teeth. 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom.
* He eats very slowly. He will pick up a cherrio and nibble on it… eating them one at a time.
* If given a book he will flip the pages, but soon goes to eating it or trying to tear off the pages.
* He picks up any little thing and puts in it in his mouth.
* He throws fits… For instance, if I am eating something and he crawls up… if I don’t give him a piece fast enough he jumps, throws himself down and makes a cry sound (though it is not real crying).
* He gets focused on what he wants and will not give up until he gets it.
* He is a VERY fast crawler.
* He can walk, but usually only does it in the living room or walking to get to mama.
* He loves to play “monster”. He growls at mommy and daddy.
* He LOVES to push Bree around in the little ride on toy.
* Is a very light sleeper. If someone goes in the room to check on them he will pop right up.
* Can sign all done, but only does it occasionally.
Though they are so different, they are both such wonderful babies. I love them more than words could ever express!
The Wondertwins are now 1. I can’t believe it! This year was the fastest year ever. They have learned tons and grown so much!
Here is a picture of each from the beginning, and from their 1st birthay.
Today the babies both signed and said, “All Done” after eating. Z does a one hand wipe/shake. He says “Ahh Duhhh”. He doesn’t do it on command yet though. So, his may not be ingrained. Here is a video of B. She now says it all the time. Hers is more of a clap and throwing her arms out. Sorry it is so dark.
They are both so cute!
Little Frog is such a good little baby. You put food on her tray, she eats it. Not all food, but the ones she likes (fruit, cheerios, cheese, ravioli, pasta, toast, carrots). She sleeps just about anywhere… in the car, in the pack-n-play, once in the jumperoo… you just give her a binky and her blankey… then she talks to herself or plays quietly until she falls asleep.
Need something to keep her busy, giver her a couple of books. She will look at them, turning the pages, talking to herself and smiling, for at least 20 minutes… once an hour!
Her favorite toys? A cup or a spoon. She played with a plastic cup the entire day today. She would put it to her mouth and tip her head back like she was drinking. Then she would smile at me, so proud of herself!
We JUST finally moved her crib mattress down. She has been able to pull herself up for awhile, but has never attempted it in her crib. She just lays there and talks to her blankey or Zane. When she wakes she just coos to herself. Then, two days ago she pulled up to her knees to see Zane. We finally moved the mattress that evening.
She does have her moments, but who doesn’t? She has been known (by all of my twin friends) to scream the loudest ear piercing scream… and if I weren’t nursing twins I would have to quit altogether because she will only nurse first thing in the morning. She also tends to spit out new foods before she figures out if she even likes them (it is funny to see her spit something out, then ask for more because she has tasted a bit of it and likes it).
Overall, she is a very good baby. I wouldn’t trade her for the world. She is the best little girl I could ask for. Little Frog, we love you so much!
On Monday, Monkey Boy started taking 3-4 steps at a time. He will walk between things or from something to me. Sometimes he will walk towards something and turn around to walk back (usually to Mommy).
We thought he was busy before! lol Let the fun begin!
No, I have not forgotten about little Frog. She has actually started getting on her hands and knees more. She does a little inchworm/army crawl. However, I am looking forward to her crawling on hands and knees.